Athlone Regional Sports Centre have a professional duty to take such steps that
are reasonable to see that the child is safe from harm while involved in Athlone
Regional Sports Centre activities. All children have the right to protection, and
the needs of disabled children and others who may be particularly vulnerable
must be taken in to account.
Athlone Regional Sports Centre will ensure the safety and protection of all
children involved in its activities through adherence to the child protection
guidelines it has adopted.
As part of our safeguarding policy we will:
- promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals and maintain a safe recruitment and vetting policy
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
- Our designated liaison person’s are :
Michele King 08796315385
Niall Fallon 0851474888
Orla Bolger 0831669980